Students across the country hit the ground running this fall semester, collecting hundreds of petition signatures to legalize marijuana. One month ago, we launched the Just Say Now Campus Challenge for our chapters to compete against each other to see who can gather the most signatures. Through this competition, over 150 SSDP chapters are competing for prizes such as hemp t-shirts, flip video cameras, and other Just Say Now merchandise.
Let’s take a look at which schools are leading the pack…*
- Northern Virginia Community College: 423
- University of Cincinnati: 255
- West Virginia University: 214
- Albert Einstein High School: 142
Silver Spring, MD
- University of Connecticut: 114
- SUNY Canton: 108
- University of Utah: 105
Salt Lake City, UT
- University of New Mexico: 58
- University of Maryland: 45
College Park, MD
- Seton Hill University: 33
* as of noon EST 9/14/10. Congratulations to members of these 10 SSDP chapters on your hard work. If your school hasn’t gotten the ball rolling on campus yet, don’t worry it’s certainly not too late! All of our chapters should have received their Just Say Now campaign materials in the mail, so get out there and show us what you can do! And as always, feel free to contact your regional outreach director for advice or with questions.
As students head back to school this fall semester, and as we get closer to Election Day, I know the competition will only grow more and more intense, so stay tuned. To learn more about the Just Say Now Campus Challenge visit this page.